Saturday 1 August 2009

Prints Charming


I have finally done it. After weeks of stroking and admiring I cut into my stash of prints charming and started sewing. It is destined to be a little quilt for my baby niece. I may have a hard time giving it up however. I adore this fabric. What is it about Australia? Is there something in the water? There are the most amazing designers out there coming up with the most wonderful fabric. I have just come across Saffron Craig and I NEED some of her dandelion circles fabric to go with my Prints Charming baby paisley in taupe. Luckily I have found a shop in the UK that sells it so if money allows this month I will be getting some. I am off visiting family in Devon for a few days so am taking a quilt to finish off -there is just the hand sewn bit of the binding to go on my grey and lilac quilt. See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it - it's so fresh and summery. What is about the Aussies?!

    I bought a LOAD of Saffron's new fabric, it's gorgeous. Now to decide what to make with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, shall we have a moment of silence for you? ;-) I LOVE that cute print that's in red in your first picture and orange in the second -- it's one of my favorites. I've always had a hard time finding it here though!

    ReplyDelete