Friday 7 August 2009

leaf and lilac quilt


My first improv style quilt! I love the colour combination and the fabric (from IKEA) but think the fussy cut leaves get a bit lost amongst the overall quilt.


If I did this again I would add an extra layer of square round the lilac one, possibly in white or black.


I am feeling all quilted out as I have made a couple in very quick sucession. I am going to stop with the quilts for a bit and instead make some smaller things including pincushions, chair covers and blocks for my quilting bee (more about that soon!)

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, the gray and lilac together are VERY pretty -- Job Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, the combination is great, i would have never thought of that.
    although i did make a skirt from the grey fabric - and i am still waiting for someone on the streets yelling "that´s from Ikea!" :-)
    love the quilting as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric is beautiful! And IKEA to boot! Love your quilting x

    ReplyDelete