Thursday 20 August 2009

festival of quilts


I went to the festival of quilts today at the NEC. I am really lucky - I only live 15 mins away by car. Unfortunately I forgot my camera so no pictures of the amazing quilts on display - boo! There were of course endless shops full of all manner of goodies, droolworthy sewing machines, interesting gadgets and endless quilting books and patterns to enjoy. I found some new bits to add to my growing aqua and red stash:


and some Paula Prass cobblestones just because:


I have however come away from the show not exactly disappointed but a bit unfulfilled I suppose (sounds a bit melodramatic - I still had a really fun day!). I think it was because much of the fabric was very traditional (nothing wrong with that - it's just not always my thing) and lots of it was fabric and designers I could get easily online. There was very little in the way of new, rare or unusual. I did however find this UK designer and fell in love with her origami fabric. Isn't it great!


I am off with the family camping and LARPing. I have been busy making costume for my son over the last few days but ran out of time for photos. I will have to take some whilst we are away. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I've just gone and put my camera in my bag so I don't forget it ;o) I'm off to the show tomorrow. I haven't been in a number of years and I'm really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the little disappointment! At least it looks like you picked up some yummy fabrics!

    ReplyDelete