Friday 15 May 2009

Yipeeee!



It's finally finished! Although this is my second quilt top it is the first quilt I have fully made including the basting, quilting and binding. I am very pleased with it. OK so it is wonky in places, some of the quilting is a bit dodgy and the binding a bit fuzzy round the corners but nevertheless to me it is wonderful!



The quilt is for my two boys to share - hence the crazy colour scheme. I really enjoyed all the stages you have to go through to create a quilt and especially enjoyed the binding which is a surprise as I was not looking forward to hand sewing. Although I wanted to have a go doing free motion quilting my old singer was not up to the job so I had to make do with wonky lines instead. I like this random look so am not too bothered.



All credit must go to Elizabeth at Oh, Fransson! for providing the pattern and tutorial for this quilt and for setting up the quiltalong to go with it. I have loved being part of it and watching the different quilts develop. They can all be found here and are well worth a look.
Of course I am now fired up to make another quilt... only this time even better! I so have the quilting bug. I am now off to sit on the sofa for half an hour under the quilt of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment