Tuesday 20 October 2009

made it!


I finished my two quilt challenge just in time. These quilts are for birthday boys and their birthday is tomorrow! Phew - there is nothing like a deadline to keep you motivated. The boys are identical twins and their mum has just started dressing them in different colours to make it easier for people to know who is who! As a lucky coincidence one boy has been given red/brown clothes and the other blue/green to wear. I didn't know this until after I had started making these quilts but it made it very easy deciding which quilt to give to which twin! Please excuse the poor photos - the weather was not cooperating today so i was unable to take any nice photos outdoors or even in natural light.


The only thing I am not happy with is the amount of crinkling on the quilts. I would have preferred them smoother. They looked a lot neater before they had their wash and tumble dry. I don't know why - maybe it is because smoother suits straight line quilting more. Never mind - it is a small niggle, otherwise I am very pleased. The fabrics are all child friendly without being too babyish - hopefully the boys will enjoy their quilts into toddlerhood and beyond!


Next challenge - spiderweb blocks and starting on a Christmas quilt for me and my boys to snuggle under this winter.

6 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful quilts! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are darling Jo! What lucky little boys -- I'm sure they'll be well loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely! Beautiful fabric and great design.

    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them! My favorite patterns are always the ones that show off the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete