Sunday 27 September 2009

progress


Well it has been a crazy hectic couple of weeks. After my last post bemoaning the fact that I had no time or space to get any sewing done the situation got even worse - the school I teach at had an OFSTED inspection. Well I say the school - it was actually just the department I teach in! OFSTED inspections only give you a few days warning before they drop in so I have been beyond busy as I am sure you can imagine. Everything went well and we got a great report so we are all very happy.
The relief at reaching the end of last week was immense and I have finally been able to have a nice relaxing weekend full of walks, conker hunting and sewing - yay!
This is my rag quilt in the making for a baby boy - his first birthday present in fact. My plan is to get it finished by Thursday so that I can sit and watch TV in the evening and do all the snipping. Have a good week everyone.

4 comments:

  1. I wish you will have peace and space to do your sewing. The colour of the fabric looks promising (uh, I hope that is the right english word - sorry for bad language ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the OFSTED went without a hitch, can't wait to see the finished quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, those look like what we call buckeyes...yes? Glad your inspection went well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were Ofsted at work at the end of term...so nerve wracking, but a relief when it is over.

    Nice collection of conkers there...is it my imagination or does there seem to more of those around this year?

    ReplyDelete