Sunday 13 September 2009

not much sewing but lots of growing!


Now I am back at work full time after my maternity leave I am finding it really difficult to get any sewing done. A lack of time, motivation (I am shattered come 7 pm when the boys are in bed) and space are all adding to the problem. I don't have anywhere just for me to sew - I have to make do with the kitchen table which of course needs clearing for meals. So whilst I am itching to get on with my list of projects nothing much is actually happening. I am hoping that as work settles down a bit more and I get used to it again I will find some space to get going once more. I have to get a quilt made for the middle of October for a first birthday, followed by two more for twins by November. Eeek! I really need to get in the zone again!


On a much more satisfying note, here is my haul from the allotment this morning - we are having a roast for dinner with all the trimmings. The red potatoes are Roosters and make the best roasties ever. Tea today will be yummy!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful first picture! Would it be the blossoms from an onion? We had an onion from Sainsbury's sprout in the spring and we planted it to see what would happen and it produced two flowers like the one in your top picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness -- three quilts by November? Your pictures are gorgeous -- those potatoes look Yummy! I remember those days after maternity leave -- so not fun. Hopefully you'll soon get used to your new schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewing is for you a passion. I really believe that you will find a way to do your projects. It will not be easy, it will probably take some time to get over tiredness. But then you will take your time during the day for sewing. Your sewing is so great - do not give up, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, another thing to chear you up: Floh pointed me here because I was experimenting with bleach. After seeing your dots I experimented even more (I really liked the lego-dots!). Once I have more results I will show them on my blog. Thanks for inspiration! (And you seem to understand German? That is great as well)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely pictures for sure! i can relate to trying to sew after the kids are in bed...really tough...i didn't do well at it...you're WAY better than i was.

    ReplyDelete