Saturday 8 December 2012

A busy year

So I have been busy with work, children, allotments and life since I last posted. Here are some of the things I have been doing:

1. Making masses of bunting, throws for hay bales and other crafty bits for a dear friends wedding this summer. This took up most of my sewing time last winter and spring. The day was perfect - decent weather, good company and happiness all round. The reception was in a beautiful old barn. My quilts decorated the walls and friends brought flowers from their gardens and baked cakes to share. Other friends in a band provided the music and we all camped in the farmers field. A perfect time was had by all.








 
 
2. Making a picnic quilt - made from The Very Hungry Caterpillar fabric - perfect for a picnic blanket!
 
 
 
3. Entering my very first ever quilt competition. I decided that I wanted to challenge myself this year so took the plunge and entered the Festival of Quilts contemporary quilt category. Even though my quilt was nowhere near perfect and got slated by the judges I am still proud of myself for entering!
 

 
4. Completing a quilt made from Bee blocks collected in 2011. My inspiration was springtime in England and my finished quilt fits the description perfectly! I was made some stunning blocks by people from all over the world.
 
 
 
5. Making a few squares to contribute to a group over on flickr - Siblings Together
 

 
 
 
I now have to make two quilts between now and Christmas for my children. Eek! I better make the most of this afternoon then whilst my children are out. Bye for now xx

 


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a busy but lovely year!! I just finished my Tag Square Bee Quilt mixed up with blocks of other bee blocks. The Tag Square Bees was one of my most loved bees.... You can see it on my blog :)
    Kind regards from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been working a lot this year! Very nice projects :) hugs

    ReplyDelete